Partners' Update May 2023
Guests of honour and audience at the Asia Pacific Leaders' Conclave on Malaria Elimination on 24 April 2023 in New Delhi
Last week, on the eve of World Malaria Day, the Government of India hosted the Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination in partnership with APLMA. Government leaders and international experts reiterated their commitment to intensify action towards eliminating malaria by 2030. This recommitment – paired with the energy from global partners on World Malaria Day and the recent updates from our Leaders’ Dashboard – makes us optimistic that together we can make malaria elimination a reality.
Please find a round-up of stories on challenges and impact, engagement and progress towards malaria elimination from the global health community below. We thank you for your continued support and commitment to end malaria in our region.
The APLMA Secretariat
World Malaria Day
Stories from the Region
The Global Fund – For Fazila and Millions of Others in Pakistan, Climate Change Brings Extreme Floods and MalariaRead more
World Health Organization – From malaria patient to malaria fighter: Hiao Khanh's dedication to eliminating malaria in his Vietnamese communityRead more
Asia Pacific Leaders' Conclave on Malaria Elimination
Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya delivers keynote address at the Asia-Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination
For more content on the Conclave, see below.
Regional Malaria Updates
- The Hindu – Malaria will soon be a notifiable disease across India
- The Telegraph – War-torn Myanmar hit by 1,000pc leap in malaria cases
- Health Leads – Malaria free Asia Pacific region is within our reach
- Hindustan Times – Cross-border malaria elimination: A shared responsibility for neighbouring nations
- Civil20 India – One Health and Malaria Webinar: Achieving Optimal Health Outcome for Communities
Global Malaria Elimination Updates
- Project Syndicate – A New Weapon Against Malaria
- World Health Organization – WHO urges increased implementation of recommended tools to combat malaria
- World Health Organization – WHO certifies Azerbaijan and Tajikistan as malaria-free
- The Global Fund – Global Fund Selects Roslyn Morauta as Board Chair and Bience Gawanas as Vice-Chair