Partners' Update May 2022
Cambodian rice farmer. Photo: DFAT
Last week we marked World Malaria Day, a day that reminds us of the remarkable progress we have made in the Asia Pacific region. As a community we have come so far with more countries than ever before growing closer to elimination. It was uplifting to see many of our partners take this moment to come together and united in our shared ambition of a malaria-free Asia Pacific. We thank you for your continued support and commitment to end malaria in our region.
In honor of World Malaria Day, we have rounded up the most important stories from APLMA-APMEN as well as from others across the region. You can explore them below.
Q&A: Focus on vulnerable communities to achieve malaria elimination
Bhutan and Timor-Leste Share Lessons to Stay on Course to End Malaria By 2025
Reaching The Last Mile: How Considering Gender is Key for Malaria Elimination
Malaria Innovation: The Road Ahead for Tafenoquine in Asia Pacific
APLMA Leaders’ Dashboard 2021: Countries Hit Key Policy Milestones for Malaria Elimination
Innovate to Eliminate: Community-Focused Malaria Interventions in Cambodia and Lao People’s Democratic Republic
APMEN March 2022 Newsletter
World Malaria Day News Snapshot
- The Lancet Regional Health Western Pacific, Building a gender responsive framework for malaria elimination in Asia-Pacific
- The Lancet Regional Health Western Pacific, Sustaining progress towards malaria elimination by 2025: Lessons from Bhutan & Timor-Leste
- The Mint, India to eliminate malaria by 2030, says WHO representative
- The Indian Express, World Malaria Day 2022: Leveraging newer technologies aided by a surveillance system revamp core to malaria elimination now
- The Phom Penh Post, Zero malaria deaths since 2018
- Devex, How Bhutan, East Timor can get back on track to eliminating malaria
- World Health Organization, Over 1 million African children protected by first malaria vaccine
- Health Policy Watch, Malaria, Polio, And COVID-19: Lessons For Existing And Future Pandemics
- UN News, Working towards a malaria-free world
- The Financial Express, World Malaria Day: ‘Data-driven decision making and tailored approaches crucial now in all efforts to eliminate malaria’
Sign up to receive updates about malaria-free Asia Pacific!
You are now subscribed. Thank you!