Partners' Update October 2022
Photo credits: Pearl Gan in association with EOCRU, Jakarta ; OUCRU, Vietnam and The Wellcome Trust, UK.
The past three months have been a great opportunity to connect with our many partners, from collaborations around World Mosquito Day, to in person meetings at the 77th United Nations General Assembly, to uniting and fighting for what counts for this year’s Global Fund Replenishment Conference.
The Conference hosted in New York by President Biden raised a record $ US14.25 billion to invest in malaria, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. Up to a third of the total raised will be invested in global malaria programmes. We extend our gratitude to donors worldwide and to all our partners for your continued support and ongoing commitment to end malaria.
At the request of our Host, the Government of India, please take note the Asia Pacific Leaders’ Conclave on Malaria Elimination 2022, scheduled to take place on 15 December 2022 in India, has been postponed. Watch this space for an update in due course.
In the meantime, discover additional updates and our latest work with partners below. We look forward to continuing to serve governments, communities and partnering with you all to support the most vulnerable and save lives!
October 2022 APLMA Partners Update
APLMA Applauds Asia Pacific’s Commitment Towards the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Prime Minister Sogavare of Solomon Islands meets with APLMA in Singapore
Malaria Matters: Stories from The Ground
PMI Appoints New U.S. Global Malaria Coordinator
Insecticide Resistance Monitoring and Management
Mapping of Civil Society Organisations in South Asia
APLMA Welcomes Leadership Updates
Regional Malaria Elimination News
- Bangkok Post, Malaria Makes a Comeback
- The Jakarta Post, Vaccine a breakthrough in Indonesia's war against malaria
- ET HealthWorld, Malaria elimination from the tribes of India: The final frontier
- The Hindu Business Line, Marching towards a malaria-mukt Bharat
- The National PNG, Enoch battles malaria in WSP
- Solomon Times, A Summary of Prime Minister Sogavare’s UNGA and Other Engagements
- Daily Times Pakistan, Pakistan to record 2.7mn malaria cases by January says WHO
- The Harvard Gazette, Is new malaria vaccine world-changing? Maybe.
Sign up to receive updates about Malaria free Asia Pacific
You are now subscribed. Thank you!